domenica 22 marzo 2009

reflecting blog post

I think that learning a language is a never-ending process. You never stop learning something new about a language, even your own mother tongue! If someone stops training their language skills, sooner or later their knowledge will fade in their memory. This is what happened with my knowledge of Spanish. Unfortunately I didn't manage to keep it fresh, to speak it with some Spanish native speaker, so now I realize that I'm not at the level I used to be some years ago. I'm not worried, anyway, since I do believe that, in a certain way, speaking a language is like riding a bike. The core knowledge of a language remains asleep in our subconscious, I think. This happened to me for German. Well, I must admit that I still have many difficulties in speaking or writing good German, but I feel like something remained in my mind since the Primary School.
As regard English, my target is to improve all aspects of my skills. I'll never be as good as a native speaker, but I want to get as close as possible to that level. I guess that with this blog activities I'll manage to improve my written skills and my reading skills. For conversation and listening I'll have to exploit any chance during lesson.
Up to now I found some interesting blogs in the blogosphere... Let's see if I manage to learn something by reading them!

See you soon...
Keep on blogging in the free world...

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento