domenica 3 maggio 2009

reference corrections and google docs

Bibliography is a recurrent nightmare for me! Well, I'm joking (for real?), but I have to say that this week the task wasn't effortless. We had to correct a list of references according to the APA. It is not a matter of confusion, rather a matter of details: APA style is so precise and detailed! There are so many different ways to write an entry in a reference list!

I had some problems correcting my references. I tried to google the name of one of the authors of the list, a certain Karain, but the search engine gave me no results! Well, except the name of a cave in Turkey (or somewhere in the Middle East, God knows!), but I guess it's not what I was looking for! :-(

Google Docs seems to me quite useful. I still have not tried it properly, since I just started clicking here and there trying to discover more about this tool. Up to now, anyway, I consider it better than Wiki, for it is "private" (you can access it only by logging in) and for you have not to wait for someone to finish their work before starting editing the document. Uhm... I guess I could explain better the second reason! I meant that it is better because the shared document can be edited by more than a person at the same time! Ok. Now it sounds better!

See you soon!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento