mercoledì 6 maggio 2009

how can I protect myself from web hazards?

Ignorance is bliss! Definitely... It is true for so many things, unfortunately! One's life goes on so peacefully until they realize that the World is evil and everyone around them is bad... Am I too pessimistic? Well, I strongly believe that too many times we are so powerless against the events that gets in our road.

Sometimes I think about what happens to the information I put on the Internet, but after awhile I rather stop my mind from wondering. The only solution is assume good faith from the Entity who rules over the Web. It is clear that if one surfs over peaceful waters, maybe staying away from "nasty" sites [oh, yes... the sirens of the Web! ;-) ] they can consider themselves quite safe. I want to underline the word "quite". There are sites more reliable than others, sites that we can trust, always assuming good faith on their part anyway.

What's the solution? To self exile myself in my beautiful (and full accessorized) ivory tower? Mmmh... I really think this action is completely useless. The fact that one avoid the Internet doesn't prevent them from being victim of it! A friend of mine doesn't use the computer at all, but he is a celebrity on the Web (and I'm the reason for his success!).

The only good solution (that is not really a solution, after all) is to surf the Web carefully, maybe with the help of a good anti-virus, a good anti-spyware, a good anti-malaware... a lot of anti-something, to sum up!
I pointed out that this is not a real solution, since I myself became victim of the evil web... Right one hour ago a technician called to tell me my PC didn't work properly because of a virus...

What shall I say? Surf safe... and may God guide your mouse! ;-)

1 commento:

  1. Hello there!!
    I'm still here proving some goods feedback!
    First of all: I really like your way of writing! You include in your post many metaphors and nice expressions!!
    Well....let's start as usual!
    - In the first line I think it's better to say "for so many reasons".
    - "One's life goes on so peacefully until they realize that the World is evil and everyone around them is bad."
    I think you should make the subject clearer: "our life goes on..until we realize that...everyone around us..." or "everybody's life"
    - the only solution is TO assume...
    - "if one surfs....HE can consider..."
    - "the fact that one avoidS..doesn't prevent HIM from being a victim" (with a plural "they from being victimS")

    That's all!! Nice job dude!!!!

    I will wait hopeful in a future Spritz with the whole class!!!!
    Bye Bye!

    RispondiElimina